27th of January, 2016
FY2016 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) competition
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) is pleased to announce the FY2016 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) competition. AEIF offers alumni of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs the opportunity to propose innovative projects that address one of six global foreign policy themes. Alumni are invited to submit project ideas through the International Exchange Alumni (IEA) website (https://alumni.state.gov) February 9 - March 9, 2016.
2016 AEIF Timeline
- Tuesday, February 9: AEIF Launches at Noon ET. Alumni can start submitting proposals and budgets.
- Wednesday, March 9: AEIF Proposal and Budget Forms Due by Noon ET. This is the final and only deadline, so make sure you get your four team members and submit your final projects in before the deadline, no exceptions.
- Late April: AEIF 2016 Winning Projects Announced!
Now in its sixth year, the competition increases the leadership capacity of alumni and their associations to develop and implement projects that benefit their communities, in addition to promoting use of the International Exchange Alumni website (alumni.state.gov). Alumni may request up to $25,000 for project proposals that address strategic foreign policy themes.
Project teams must comprise at least four alumni who are registered members of the IEA website by noon ET on March 9, 2016. At least one team member must be from an ECA-sponsored exchange program and at least two members must be non-U.S. citizens. Proposals must be submitted by non-U.S. citizen alumni and be executed outside the borders of the United States.
All submitted projects must address one of the eight global themes below.
- Empowering Women and Girls
- Entrepreneurship and Youth Employment
- Access to Education
- Climate Change and Environmental Protection
- Civic Participation
- Human Rights and Social Inclusion of Vulnerable Populations
An individual alumnus/a should not submit more than one proposal per theme. Alumni are welcome to submit projects that involve partnerships across borders and activities in multiple countries.
We invite our Mongolian alumni to take advantage of this great opportunity. Please feel free to reach out to us via email, phone or social media for advice and clarification. If you have an idea but have trouble putting together a team, please feel free to approach us. We will be happy to announce your idea to the other alumni and help you find a team.