30th of August, 2019
Announcement of FLEX 2020-2021 Recruitment in Fall 2019
About the FLEX program
The Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) scholarship program is a long-term exchange program for Mongolian secondary school students to travel to the United States, live for one year as a member of a host family, and study in an American high school. It is fully funded by the U.S. government and administered by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the U.S. Department of State. American Councils for International Education implements the program. It is supported by the Mongolian Ministry of Education, Culture, Science, and Sports. Mongolia joined the FLEX program in 2017 in conjunction with the 30th anniversary of the establishment of U.S.-Mongolia diplomatic relations.
Thus far, 50 students have received the scholarship. There are 30 program alumni who returned to Mongolia since 2018.20 students began their program in August 2019 and are currently in the United States. Recruitment for the 2020-2021 academic year will start in September 2019.
Anyone who meets the eligibility requirements below may apply.
Requirements for students wishing to participate in the program
The selection process consists of three rounds of exams. The competition for the FLEX scholarship is merit-based and open at no cost to applicants who meet the following requirements. However, applicants are responsible for all costs associated with transportation to and from testing centers.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be born between January 1, 2003, and July 15, 2005
- Be enrolled in a secondary school in grade 9, 10, or 11 at the time of application
- Have an academic standing of good or better
- Have previously studied English and demonstrate sufficient English language ability at the time of registration
- Meet U.S. visa eligibility requirements
- Be a citizen of Mongolia and able to receive an international passport
Testing for FLEX 2020-2021 was announced on August 16th and will take place between September 7th and November 5th.
Testing will take place in the following cities of Mongolia:
- Arvaikheer, Ovorkhangai September 14-18, 2019
- Khovd, Khovd September 28-October 2, 2019
- Choibalsan, Dornod October 12-16, 2019
- Ulaanbaatar city students on September 7, 2019; and aimag students who wish to take the test in UB city on September 21-20, 2019 and October 5-20, 2019.
More information - https://www.facebook.com/pg/FLEXMongolia