9th of December, 2019
5TH NATIONAL ALUMNI CONFERENCE WAS HELD SUCCESSFULLY
National Alumni Conference has been held successfully for the fifth time on November 16, 2019. Currently, over 1,700 Mongolians have participated in long and short term exchange programs or independently studied at US institutions. Among the 170 guests and attendees of the conference were U.S. Ambassador to Mongolia Michael S. Klecheski, former president of MASA, Member of Parliament Undraa Agvaanluvsan, Vice Minister of Ministry of Finance, President of MASA.Bulgantuya Khurelbaatar and other representatives of MASA, LEAD, and FLEX alumni associations.
MASA has been securing funding and executing projects worth over 20,000 US dollars every year for the past ten years. Moreover, MASA has secured around 46,000 US dollars from the US Department of State to execute the Education USA program. This is the first case where an alumni association has been selected to oversee the Education USA program. As part of this program, regular advising sessions will be held free of charge for everyone who wants to study in the USA.
MASA has announced the winners of its GO MASA project competition announced among the U.S Department of State exchange program participants during the National Alumni Conference. Each of the following seven projects received 1,000 US dollars:
- Darkhan-Uul province - Introduce American Literature to Mongolian Youth
- Uvurkhangai province - Uvurkhangai Youth Environmental Conference
- Bayankhongor province - Community Youth and Young Professionals’ Development Center
- Bayan-Ulgii province - Xreading Graded Online Reading Book Club
- Ulaanbaatar city - Youth Empowerment Through Art Therapy
- Ulaanbaatar city - "STRONG BOYS" Who Don't Use Violence
- Ulaanbaatar city - CINEMA FOR ALL: Inspiring Suburban Teenagers Through Cinema